IMAGINING THE MEDITERRANEAN CONGRESS
22 – 23 SEPTEMBER 2017
Nowadays it cannot be ignored the fact that the Mediterranean is a common decisive factor in the identity construction of the territories that delimit. This boundary space has been built in the cultural imaginaries of Mediterranean territories, marked by the development of history and sociocultural events. Present moments push us to ask ourselves about the current vision that exists around the Mediterranean and how it is changing according to the different socio-political conditions.
Imagining the Mediterranean congress emerges with the aim of knowing, building and developing new narratives and structures in the XXI century with past times in mind. For this, a deepening of the different areas related to this cultural and artistic space is proposed, based on the presence of diverse theoretical and artistic profiles from different geographies.
The content will be organized in guest conferences and tables of communications, selected through an international call. The idea is to display a plurality of identities and actives points of view.
The main purpose of this congress is to create a meeting place where a network of contacts can be initiated. Furthermore, knowledge and experiences exchanges will be carried out in order to enhance communication networks in the Mediterranean context.
- Nicolas Bourriaud, theorist and director of Espace d’Art Contemporain La Panacée (Montpellier).
- Pedro Azara, architect and professor of Aesthetics at ETSAB
- Begum Özden Firat, professor in the Sociology Department in Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University (Istambul) and resercher.
- Maria Muracciole, director of Beirut Art Center and curator.
- Nadira Laggoune, director of MAMA (Musée Public National d’Art Moderne et Contemporain d’Alger) and curator and professor.