As ice caps melt and sea-levels rise, we feel it is high time to shine a light on the Arctic – a region that has become one of the world’s major international economic battlegrounds.
The Arctic project 2016 will be a collaboration with artists who live and work in the High North in order to celebrate the culture and significance of the region. We will be bringing artists from around the circumpolar north to work together, create together, and share experiences in hope to encourage debate and engagement around the challenges impacting this region in transition.
The project will explore the importance of art, culture and creativity in drawing attention to these developments in a way that encourages engagement across international boundaries. In addition to new commissions we will be inviting artists to share their work with UK audiences during a two week tour in 2016, with events in Edinburgh, Glasgow, London and throughout Scotland. We are planning an exciting and diverse programme, including:
- Film Screenings – Arctic productions & films focusing on the Arctic
- Literature Readings – Poetry, fiction and travel writing
- Music – Concerts of traditional and contemporary Arctic music
- An Arctic Residency – for a new collaboration between UK & Arctic artists
- Educational Workshops – Masterclasses & panel discussions by Arctic cultural producers
- Youth Events – Family events & youth-focused film workshops
Join us for this unique and exciting showcase of new northern voices!
If you would like further information or would like to be involved as an artist or volunteer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org