OPEN CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR EXHIBITIONS, PERFORMANCE, PROJECTS and EVENTS
Wimbledon College of Arts is pleased to announce an Open Call for exhibition, performance, project and event proposals for the Wimbledon Space 2019-20 programme.
Wimbledon Space is situated in the original 1930’s foyer of the College, an interactive, walk-through space, within the hub of a vibrant, working art college. We invite proposals for exhibitions, projects and events that embrace IMPERMANENCE and the non-white-cube space as a point of enquiry.
For the 2019-20 programme, we are seeking projects from groups of artists, collaborators, theatre and performance practitioners that embrace the idea of change and impermanence as a working methodology.
This might encompass ideas of:
- Political, social, economic impermanence
- Practice methodologies that are based on ideas of impermanence
- Relay: a gifting or exchange of ideas
- Exhibitions as performance
- Scene-changes/theatre sets
- Foyer spaces – transitions
- Immersive theatre
- Painting/sculpture and time
- The passage of time, time-based practice
- The power of impermanence
Support for selected proposals will include:
- Opening event and refreshments
- Administrative and technical support
- Contribution to agreed expenses
For a proposal pack, ground plan (available January 2019), and further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Sunday 24 February, 11:55pm